"Relax, trust in quality and experience for your home inspection."
Calvin has decided to "retire from the rat race" of doing JUST the BUYER TYPE whole house inspections. He still does everything else listed, except for radon and lead paint.
Listed below is a checklist for a seller or existing homeowner type home inspection. Please provide as much information available so I can provide you an appropriate quote. I prefer email, but a telephone call (574-269-3507/574-551-6680) will work as well. Click here for a printable checklist in pdf. Thank you.
- MLS number of property (if applicable).
- Property address.
- Your name.
- Your telephone number(s).
- Your e-mail address(s).
- Your current address.
- All realtor's names and phone numbers involved (buyer's and seller's) (if applicable).
- Name of seller.
- How many days do you have to complete the inspections?
- Is the house occupied--people living there; furniture only; or vacant?
- If vacant; how long has it been vacant?
- Are all utilities turned on---gas, electric, water? Note: These need to be turned on by others, and "up and running", for a complete inspection, prior to the day of inspection.
- Does the house have a basement?
- Is the basement finished or unfinished, or some of both?
- Does the house have a crawlspace? How many does it have?
- How many separate attics, do the house and garage have in total?
- How many furnaces and air conditioners does the house have?
- Is the house supplied with Geothermal heating and cooling? How many units are there?
- How many fireplaces/wood burners of any type does the house have?
- How many decks does the house have?
- How many electrical breaker boxes do the house and garage have in total?
- How many kitchens does the house have?
- Do the appliances stay---stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, water softener?
- What size is the garage—0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 cars?
- Is there a hanging type heater in the garage to provide separate heat for the garage?
- What is the TOTAL square footage of the house? This includes the basement (whether it is finished or not), the second and third floors, and any "bonus" type rooms (whether finished or not).
- What is the age of the house?
- City water or well?
- City sewer or septic?
- Is the property a short sale or foreclosure?